Have you had those moments when you're in a situation, a valley I call it, and you ask God why am I going through this? How are you refining me by this and what will be the big picture? This month marks the 5 year anniversary of one of the lowest times in my life. I don't want to go into great details but it was a hurt like no other. A hurt that I've said that I would not wish on my worst enemy. (And I have them) While going through it many questions to God were asked? Why? Why me? Will I ever be the same again? What good will come from all of this? And yet through it all, those questions remained unanswered.
Travel through time to a year from where I was and the answers come. A dear friend of mine was experiencing the same kind of hurt I had gone through. I was there to comfort her, support her, encourage her and pray with her because I had been there. The old saying is that you never know what someone's going through until you've walked in their shoes. Well, in a way I had walked in her shoes. I could share my experience with her. She could see how God had used me and made me a stronger woman through it all. It's not something you'd like to have in common with someone else but you can see atleast one reason why you traveled the road you did.
I've had the opportunity to share this experience with more than one friend. It's something you don't think happens but you'd be surprised by how many people go through it. Just this week, another friend is experiencing this and I hurt for her. I cry for her. I pray that God would sustain her and bring her through it.
I've seen the big picture for this time in my life. I know that I suffered this hurt so that I might minister to others who have or will walk this same valley.
I'm reminded of that precious verse: Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. James 1:2-4
Thank you, Lord for bringing me through this trial and showing me that you are there in all situations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
{{{{Stacy}}}} Your post is such a great reminder! I am sorry you had to go through this hurt but I am glad you are able to share this with others and help them through tough times. Praying for you as you remember this difficult time in your life!
Post a Comment