Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Showing

Our profile is being shown this week. She is a young expecting mother who is due in September. She is looking for a couple that doesn't have children, who is under 40 (which is cutting it close for me), and is active in their church. Our social worker told us that they'll be showing her 10 other profiles along with ours. She is due in September and is expecting a boy.

We should know if we aren't chosen as soon as she lets the agency know who she's chosen. I'm praying every day for her and this decision! It's my prayer that she's asking God to guide her in all that she does and that she's confident in the decision of relinquishing her child. I can't imagine what she must be going through as she contemplates giving her child to someone else to raise.

I haven't wanted to think about adoption for a while! Perhaps God is allowing me to think about adoption so I don't have to think about my friend's husband being deployed Thursday!

Whatever happens, I know that God is in the middle of it all!

No comments: