I discovered on Itunes one day that you can subscribe to podcasts. I was looking through and found several pastors that I like to listen to and downloaded them. I've been playing one each day for my quiet time and it's been really nice. The first one I listened to was James MacDonald. He did a series on Psalm 25. He called it "A Primer on Trust" Just like the primers we had in 1st or 2nd grade when we were learning how to read. It's been such a good series and the notes in my bible are going to remind me every time I see them just what I need to do....trust God.
I have to admit that it's been hard to really trust the Lord with all that has been going on in my life. My biggest stress right now is my job. We are low in numbers and it's been showing in our monthly reports. But through this series I've come to the realization that I can place my trust in God and he's going to see me through. I know that some of the answers may not be what I want to hear but I'm trusting Him in it all!
Got an email this week with this thought from Max Lucado:
"Walk out into the daylight sober, dressed up in faith, love and the hope of salvation." 1 Thessalonians 5:8 (The Message)
Don't put your hope into things that change-relationships, money, talents, beauty, even health. Set your sights on the one thing that can never change: trust in your heavenly Father.
I'm trusting you, Lord!

No comments:
Post a Comment