I had to see my general practitioner today. I went to the eye doctor last month and told him I was having some issues with some double vision. It only happened in certain instances and I really didn't think anything about it. My eye doctor diagnosed me with palsy of the 4th nerve in my right eye. I didn't think anything about it until I googled it. Those Internet searches can cause some unnecessary worry. But I found that some causes of this is high blood pressure and diabetes. Some times there is no cause for it. So my eye Dr. recommended that I see my GP to rule out those causes.
Well I went today and I had a feeling they'd want to do blood work so I didn't eat or drink anything this morning. He ordered a CT scan of my head and sent me for blood work.My blood pressure checked out great. They are checking for diabetes and my thyroid. I think the CT scan is my doctor's way of being cautious. He couldn't see anything with my eye and I'm hoping that the blood work all comes back good. It is a little scary because of my family history of diabetes. My paternal grandfather and my maternal grandmother both were diabetic. My dad is a diabetic too.
I'll be anxious to hear the results of that blood work.

No comments:
Post a Comment