However, I've actually been looking forward to this Mother's day. God has truly given me the eyes to see just how blessed I am, even if I'm not a mother myself. Our state was hit hard last week with numerous tornadoes and massive destruction. But the biggest loss was those who lost loved ones. There are many families that won't have their mother with them on Sunday. I heard of 3 teenage girls who lost both parents in the storm. I can't imagine the pain and loss they're feeling but I do know that I can pray for them and ask God to comfort their hurting hearts today!
My mother is still living and I'm very fortunate that I live in the same town as her. I get to see her every Sunday and eat her delicious home cooked meals! I'm so thankful for my mom and I'm ready to celebrate and honor her on Sunday. Thank you Mom for the all the love you've shown and continue to show to me! For the countless hours of caring for me and teaching me as I grew up. For all those times when I disappointed you or caused you grief, I'm truly sorry! You worked hard and continue to work hard for our family. For all those times when you gave up time and money so we could have what we needed, I thank you! But most of all, thank you for your Christian influence and showing me that Jesus is the number one priority in your life! I know that I know where I'll spend eternity and I can say that you had a part in that! So Happy Mother's Day, Mom! I love you!

1 comment:
that was beautiful Stacy.
Post a Comment