is Father's Day! I've been told that I'm my father's daughter, especially by my sisters. They've always said that I'm my dad's favorite out of all the girls. I've come to the conclusion that that may be true but I know that it's in part because I enjoyed doing things with him. I'd sit down and watch a ball game, golf match, etc with him and I'm thankful I spent that time with him. I can honestly say that I know more about sports than your average women tends to know. And it's because of my dad!
One memory I love to recall is when we were living on the base in Mayport, FL. My youngest sister and I went to daycare on the base. One afternoon my dad stopped by to pick us up and we got to walk home with him. I can remember walking down the street holding on to what I thought was the biggest hand ever. And let me tell you when that hand hit your bottom you knew it was a big hand! It was a rare occasion for my dad to pick us up but I loved seeing him on this day and enjoyed the walk home with him!
My dad has always been there for me and I'm so very thankful that I still have my father here on earth! I know that one day he won't be here (but I know where He'll be) and I honestly can't picture my life without him.
So Happy Father's Day Dad! Love your little girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment