Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Difficult Decisions

I've had to make some difficult decisions at work over the past few days. As hard as those decisions were to make, I know that I'm doing what is best for the Center. Many won't understand why the decisions had to be made and may question my judgement in the end but I know that I'm doing what needs to be done. It's the one part of my job that I really dislike and I was so sick to my stomach about it. However, once the difficult part was done, God gave me a peace that only comes from Him!

I'm not the type of boss who feels like I have to stand over someone and tell them what to do all the time. I try my best to let each employee know my expectations and what is expected of them. I also will voice concerns, suggestions and complaints that I have or have received as often as I need to throughout the year. When those expectations are not met, I have to make those difficult decisions.

Some people won't ever get it and that's why I have to do what I do! Needless to say, I'm glad it's done and look forward to moving past it all!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Sorry to hear that you were placed in the position to have to act. Hopefully people understand and are supportive. I like bossing people, but I hate being boss.

Suzy said...

Well done for doing what you saw necessary. I was just ranting this morning about people who seem to have no work ethic dragging down good companies and organisations. So as hard as I'm sure it was for you, well done for doing it.