Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Little Things

Today has felt like Monday all day. I knew that it would because I was off on Friday and Monday for a short trip to visit relatives. It hasn't been a bad day but I've got several things weighing on my mind that I need to deal with but don't want to. Changes need to be made here at work and I know that in my heart it's the right thing to do but I sure hate having to do it. Hopefully I can do it in the right spirit and pray that it'll be taken in the right spirit as well.

Back to the title of this post...I work with children. It's a joy and a privilege to see so many children grow up before my eyes and I cherish the moments that come with my job. So many times we've had the episodes where you just wouldn't believe some of the things that come out of the mouths of babes. (Some parents wouldn't want to know either! :) )

But just today, I was sitting at my desk and one of our precious kindergartners was bringing the vacuum back to the office. (She's the helper this week!) As she was doing so we were just talking and out of the blue she tells me that I look pretty today! Who wouldn't want to hear that every day?? These beautiful little people that God created can melt your hearts with their actions and words!

I love my job and the opportunity to witness the many, many changes I see with each child that I come into contact with! The Lord has blessed me beyond measure with my career!

2 comments:

Fran said...

What a lovely comment! It does melt your heart when a child said something like this to you. Love, Fran

Browniris said...

Happy ICLW!

I love the innocent comments that children can make. They really do make your day!