Thursday, June 30, 2011

Happy 4th!


I'm so ready for the long weekend! Rather than just a 3 day weekend, I'm making it a 4 day weekend and taking Tuesday off. It's a much needed break from the daily routine. I love celebrating the 4th of July. In my family we celebrate all weekend. Saturday we'll be celebrating my niece's 3rd birthday. She turned 3 on the 25th and spent it with her mommy and daddy at the beach. So the family will get our chance on Saturday with hamburgers, chips and cake. Sunday we'll have just one service at church with a patriotic theme. I get chills every year when we have this service. We always honor our military with the singing of each branch's fight song. Because my dad served in the Navy, I have to say that I get choked up on that one. After church we'll go back to my sister's house (did I mention she has a pool) and cook out again. Then we'll get to sleep in on Monday, cook out some ribs, attend our local minor league baseball team's game and watch the fireworks!

I'm just tired typing all that out but I know we're going to have a fun filled weekend celebrating our country's independence! For the many men and women who have served or are continuing to serve our country so that I can celebrate the many freedoms I have, THANK YOU! I'll never know the sacrifice you and your family made for me but I'm forever indebted to you!

God Bless America!

No comments: