Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Saying Goodbye

This is Bear. I can so remember when she entered our home. Chad and I had been to the Humane shelter just to visit. We weren't really looking to add another dog to our home. We had 2 and 2 cats but we went to visit just to see what they had. When we went in, Chad found the cutest dachshund puppy. It reminded him of the one he had growing up. I didn't really want another dog but after we left I could tell he really wanted it. Once we got back home I told him he could go back and get the puppy. Much to my surprise when he went back the dachshund puppy had already been chosen by someone else. So if it had been me, I'd just come back home and hope they'd get some more in. Not my husband...he decides to bring home Bear. She was this fur ball of hair with big paws. I knew she was going to be a big dog and she was. But she was the gentlest, kindest one of the 3 we had. A few years ago she began having some issues with her hip. Eventually she got arthritis in her front legs because she was putting all her weight on them. This past Tuesday night, she couldn't get up at all. Chad took her to the vet on Wednesday. She was dehydrated and they put in an iv.

Yesterday, Bear Bear died on her own. While it's hard to let her go, I know that she's not in anymore pain. I'm also thankful she went on her own because I told Chad it would be his decision if she needed to be put down.

We're going to miss you, Bear Bear!!

2 comments:

Jess said...

{{{HUGS}}} Praying for your hurting heart.

Fran said...

I'm just reading this post now, I'm so so sorry, we've lost a pet just a few months ago and it's so so sad. They are part of the family, you love them dearly and they give you so much love back. You gave her a great life. Much love, Fran