However, I have been challenged by God to make use of this blog for his glory! Now I can't say that there'll be daily posts but I do have the feeling God will continue to send those opportunities that I can't help but share with others.
In the past few weeks, God has taught me about prayer and the importance of it. Through my daily devotionals, a book I'm reading, a sermon by my pastor and even other people, God is teaching me that prayer is essential in my relationship with Him. Prayer is the key to commuicating with God. He wants us to pray to Him all the time! Not just in those moments when we need Him but even when things are going well for us. He doesn't want to be last when all other things we've done fail, He wants to be the first place to go to.
A friend shared a story about prayer with me yesterday and I knew that I needed to share with it with others. It was the confirmation I needed from God to let me know that He truly orders our steps each day. It showed me that through all the teaching and reading I've done, prayer is essential to our relationship to Him.
The story is my co-workers brother in law, which I'll call Sam Jones, told about how God had impressed upon his heart to go and give his co-worker, Julie, a hug. Just like I would have thought, he just could wrap his head around why God would place that on his heart. And yet the impression wouldn't go away. Sam didn't know Julie that well but finally the opportunity presented itself that he should go up to her and give her the hug. As he approached her, before he could say anything, she stopped him and told him that she knew why he was there. She told him, "you're Sam Jones and you're suppose to give me a hug." He couldn't believe what she just said. (I have chill bumps again just typing that). She went on to explain to him that she had been struggling with an alcohol addiction. And she prayed to God that if he still loved her, he would send Sam Jones to give me a hug. Who would think that she could pray such a specific prayer and that God would answer that pray for her? How awesome and amazing is my God!!
The answer for her was a yes. And I know that every prayer isn't answered with a yes. We have those prayers that are prayed and God firmly tells us no. And yet we don't accept that answer. We take it upon ourselves to work it out for our good, even though God has answered that for us. It makes it hard to pray when we anticpate that God may say no to our request. Then we have those requests that God calls us to wait and boy do those prayers cause us so much worry and anxiety. I know that it's in those times that God is just refining and preparing us for when he will answer those requests.
We have to communicate with God all the time! Not just for those things we want either. Yes he wants to know our heart's desire but he also wants us to know His heart's desire for us. We should be like David, a man after God's own heart! It's only through prayer and studying His word that we're going to achieve that.
I didn't realize that this post would be this long but I truly hope and pray that through some of it, you've received a blessing! I know that I have!
And this is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him. 1 John 5: 14-15


1 comment:
GLad to see you back! Thanks for sharing that story!
Post a Comment