Wednesday, July 16, 2008

God is Good

Just an update from yesterday: My friend Kim is doing well and hopefully will get to leave the hospital. My sister Liz was sent home with some antibotics and pain medicine. I pray this kidney stone will pass soon. It really is making her nausea.

Today has been a better day except for my adventure trying to renew my driver's license. I have a commerical driver's license because I had to drive a bus when I worked in our school age program. I don't want the CDL anymore because I don't work there any more and it cost more to renew. So I go to our friendly registrar's office and take a number. While taking a number I see a notice that says all CDL licenses have to be renew at a different location. So I tell myself that I'll go another day and just get my nails done. Well, I walk into my nail salon and the lady who does my nails is not there. I don't like anyone else doing my nails so I leave. I'm close to the other location to renew my license and I walk in and the room is full. After standing for about 8 minutes at the window to receive my number, the officer finally ends his phone conversation and I ask him if I don't want my CDL do I still have to wait. He says yes. I ask how long it will take and he tells me that the next number is 4 and they are on 88. I just sigh and tell him I can't wait.

So I'm still driving around with an expired licensce. I hope I don't get pulled over for anything!

1 comment:

Childless (for now) said...

WOW! I hope you find the time to get it renewed on Monday and that they don't slap you with a bunch of late fees. Where I live, if you don't renew it by yoru b-day, it's like an extra $30 or $40.