Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Confidence

I'm confident that I serve a mighty God! Today has been a day when I had to just let go and let God. My very dear friend Kim was scheduled for surgery today. She was to be at the hospital at 10:30 and start the surgery at 12:30. During this time I find out that my sister, Liz, who has been battling a kidney stone is in the emergency room with nausea and pain. I felt so helpless because I wanted to be in 2 different places and couldn't be in either.

Kim's surgery didn't start until about 1:45 and as I type I'm waiting for news that she's out of surgery. Liz's doctor sent her for a contrast/non contrast Xray and I'm waiting to hear the results from that too!

I don't worry about things that deal with me or my husband but I do tend to worry about others and the circumstances they are in. God has shown me today that I really don't need to do that because He's in control and He's taking care of them both.

I found a saying today that I've claimed all day~Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God~ Corrie Ten Boom

God is taking care of them both and He's also taking care of me!

2 comments:

Childless (for now) said...

Stacy~Thanks for sharing that quote on your blog. It has brought me some peace about my job interview tomorrow.

Jason and Fawnda said...

Stacy-
Keep us updated on your friend and sister. I am praying for you and them!

Fawnda