Chad and I are seriously looking into embryo adoption. It's a little different than domestic adoption in that you're getting embryos that another couple have left over from their IVF cycles. They want to help give other couples who are experiencing infertility the opportunity to have a child. You don't formally adopt them (it's more like a legal agreement between parties) like in domestic adoption. Chad mentioned this to our social worker and he said that their agency was beginning to work with couples regarding this. He is suppose to send us the information this week. I'm praying it's in the mail today!
We could possibly work with a clinic in Birmingham but I've been researching information about the NEDC in Knoxville, TN. The cost would be less than a typical adoption and I would get to experience pregnancy. I really had a peace about not ever experiencing pregnancy but since researching this I've gotten excited about the possiblilty of carrying a child. Granted this child would not be ours genetically but in every other way it would be. They give you two options to choose from. You can choose an open agreement or an anonymous. I think Chad and I both feel comfortable with choosing anonymouslly.
We're still looking at all the information and praying really hard to see if this is the path God is placing before us.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We are also possibly looking into embryo adoption, depending on our test results this month. If we do end up going that route, I'll be asking you more questions...hope that's okay. :) Good luck!!
Praying for you as you explore this possibility!
Post a Comment