Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Being still

When I started this blog my intention was to share in our journey with domestic adoption. When we moved on to embryo donation, it was easy to post something everyday. Since our FET failed I haven't had a whole lot to post. I've been taking each day one at a time and just enjoying the blessings God provides for me on a daily basis.

One thing that is occupying my mind is our trip to Disney! I'm so excited and can't believe we're under 2 months from leaving. I have a bag full of stuff from all the planning I've been doing. Me and 2 of my best friends are going and I can't wait! Me and my husband are taking 5 of our nieces and for 3 of them it's their first time. It's also the first time for each of my friends and their families. I can't wait to experience seeing what it looks like when someone enters the Magic Kingdom for the first time! It's incredible!

I've also been having my quiet time with God again. I've missed that time with Him and honestly don't know how I've gotten through the days without it. Those quiet moments first thing in the morning are special to me. It's caused me to think that perhaps if I had been more diligent in my quiet time during our transfer that it would have been successful. I know that I shouldn't think like that and I know that those thoughts are from Satan but I can't help but think them.

It's my prayer and desire that I continue to make the time to meet God each morning! Just this morning my verse for today's devotional was Psalm 46:10~ Be still and know that I am God! What a great reminder!

No comments: