I forgot to update yesterday. I just didn't have the energy. We did a video conference with our dr yesterday. He didn't say a whole lot about the FET. He did say that the embryos thawed well and that my lining looked great. He did say that there could have been some genetic abnormalities but he just really didn't know why they didn't implant. He suggested we look into adoption. I laughed a little at that and explained that we had been waiting over 2 years. He also suggested a private attorney that he knew to contact. Not sure about that but we did discuss it. He also said that they could put us back on the waiting list to do another round. I don't think we'll go this route again after waiting nearly a year for this round. He did say that they had about 5-7 embryos available right now but that they didn't know the race of the father. They were stored before their stricter guidelines were in place. I thought for a second about giving those a chance but not knowing what race our child would be wouldn't be a good thing.
I pretty much knew that he wasn't going to be able to tell me anything new. It just stung to sit there and have to discuss the failed procedure. I was emotional the whole day. Infertility just stinks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
It surely does. Well...think about those abandoned embryos...you never know. Sending you love and prayers, Fran
I am so sorry, Stacy! I wish that he would have had better news. Continued prayer for both of you as you decide what to do next.
(((Stacy))) I'm so sorry, and you are right infertility sucks!! Praying for you both as you decide what to do next.
Post a Comment