Chad and I started walking before we left for Disney so that we'd be acclimated to the miles of walking that you do there. And we walked again last night. I had hoped to get up and walk again this morning but it took me too long to go to sleep last night so I didn't. We are going to walk again tonight and hopefully it'll be come routine for us to do every night.
I started the day off with a good breakfast. I measured my cereal and milk out along with my fruit. I added a piece of whole wheat toast and a piece of cheese. What a difference a good breakfast makes. I haven't felt hungry and just enjoyed my mid-morning snack of pears and another piece of cheese.
I've got to be conscience of what I'm putting in my mouth and controlling the size of my portions to see a difference. I know that healthy weight loss will be slow in coming off but I'm determined to do it. I hope to see a loss of 1-2 pounds a week and in about 7 months should reach my goal of 60 pounds!
I know that I can do this and I'm excited to see what can happen!

8 comments:
Stacy I just got serious about getting healthy (and losing weight) last week and I have found the website sparkpeople.com to be truly helpful. I hope it helps! Have a fantastic day!
YOU CAN DO THIS!
CONTINUE WITH YOUR WALKING [THE BEST EXERCISE EVER!] AND EAT WHAT YOU WANT, JUST NOT AS MUCH OF IT AS YOU USED TO. DEPRIVATION IS THE #1 REASON WHY DIETERS FALTER AND THEN GIVE UP. HALF PORTIONS ARE A GREAT IDEA.
IF YOU 'FALL' ONE DAY, DO NOT GIVE YOURSELF A HARD TIME. GET RIGHT BACK TO PROGRAM AS SOON AS YOU CAN AND YOU WILL BE FINE!
BEST OF LUCK TO YOU.
Sounds like you're being very good and realistic about it--that's a huge step to making it possible, I think.
Very encouraging for me, as well -- I have PCOS, and if I don't watch what I eat (sugar, carbs, etc), then the weight sneaks up on me "faster than greased lightning" (sorry, couldn't help using one of my mom's beloved phrases--they crack me up, they're so southern!).
Best of luck to you in your weight loss endeavors! You can do it!!
That's great to hear, and I wish you all the very best with it. Once you know you can do something, you will stop at nothing to achieve it. It helps to have the support around to help you on your way, and I hope you have that. Many blessings of love to you on this journey.
My husband decided to get serious about his weight, too and he's lost 10 pounds in the last 2 weeks by watching his portion size and by cutting out bread and potatoes. He's drinking a protein shake each morning for breakfast. Good luck!
Good for you for getting more healthy! My DH and I have also been married 14 years and are adopting too.
Best wishes on your new eating/exercise plan!
ICLW
Good for you! I wish my DH would walk with me!
I hope you're able to keep going on this new plan!
ICLW #69
Keep your goals realistic and you can go far... 1-2 pounds a week is the safe way to take it off and keep it off.
Wishing you much success!
ICLW
Post a Comment