I have started making a grocery list and will be able to buy healthier options when payday comes!
I wanted to add another lap to my walking last night but my toenail was cutting into my toe. I just wanted to finish my regular route and get home, it was hurting that bad. I'm sticking to it and hope to walk every day at least once. There may be some days when I'll do it twice. It feels good to be walking again!

10 comments:
Stacy how many calories are you allowing yourself for daily consumption? 1200 or 1500?
I do 1500 a day (300 cal for breakfast, 200 for mid morning snack, 400 for lunch, 200 for afternoon snack, 400 for dinner)
Breakfast for me is either cereal (1/2 cup of Kashi GoLean Crisp Toasted Berry Crumble w/ 1/2cup of light soy milk or skim milk and 2 hard boiled egg whites, that is 300 calories or a Jimmy Dean D-lights Turkey Sausage Egg Muffin = 260 cals
2 scrambled eggs and 2 slices of whole wheat toast are under or around about in the 300 cal range.
Oatmeal is a good source for breakfast.
I find Breakfast to be easier than lunch.
Good luck!
Jonelle,
I haven't really added it up but I'm thinking it's around 1500. I so wish I could do eggs and oatmeal but it's a consistency things with me. I know it'll be better once I shop for groceries and can really read labels!
Thanks for those suggestions!
My breakfasts consist of Kashi cereal with plain yogurt and fruit or an omelet or crustless quiche or a smoothie made with fruit, milk, yogurt and silken tofu. I don't count the calories, I just eat what feels good in a reasonable amount. Hum. At breakfast. :) The rest of the day is okay but after dinner...it's a bit of a free for all.
http://pandabox33.wordpress.com
Stacy, Avery and I absolutely LOVE the Kellog's Special K Protein Meal Bars. They have 10 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber and it feels like you are getting a treat too! If I have one of these, I usually have a yogurt for my mid morning snack.
I usually alternate between these, cereal, and homemade smoothies for breakfast just to change things up a bit.
I'm so proud of you! The first few weeks are always the hardest, but I know that you can do it!!
I eat muesli sometimes, and other times a hard boiled egg and salad.
I think it helps to have an open mind when it comes to food, in order to find inspiration almost anywhere. I'm sure you'll follow a diet which is good for you.
usually I have cereal or toast for breakfast. DH likes yogurt and a banana. Sometimes I make breakfast burritos and freeze a batch then I can pop them in the microwave for a minute. I don't know what the cals are on those though.
one day at a time.
that's the best any of us can do.
you'll get there. you'll see!
I like to add blueberries and rasberries to my Kashi cereal (for the antioxidants). I also do scrambled eggs with yellow and red peppers with whole grain toast. I also love oatmeal pancakes with banana.
ICLW
http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/
I feel your pain on that. My husband does all the cooking, so it seems like whenever he's not home, I'm all about the spaghetti o's and cereal. Though not together, eewww.
Good luck with the weight loss! It's tough, but once you find a routine, it helps. Also, my favorite tip (works great for us) is to make a weekly menu. We do ours on Sunday (when we're being good about it) and plan meals for the week. It helps us not to buy unwanted stuff AND it helps to keep you on track so you have a plan and don't come home, stare at the fridge, stare at the pantry, then just order a pizza because you can't figure out something to eat.
Good luck and happy ICLW!
Christina
http://subfertilefrugalista.blogspot.com
Today I had two slices of sprouted wheat bread and a bowl of soup. I know that sounds weird, but I wanted some veggies!
I regularly eat steel cut oatmeal with whatever fruit is fresh (blueberries, strawberries, banana), but a little applesauce to sweeten it. Sometimes I'll add a hard-boiled egg for extra protein.
Post a Comment