
Yesterday our church started this discipleship series. My pastor preached on it and we attended a group time with other members of the church yesterday afternoon.
What would you do if you had one month to live? Most of us are not in this type of situation but the concept of this study is to change our lives as though we had one month to live. What would you do differently?
Our first discussion was "Living the dash" The dash is the life you live from your birthday to your death. What does your dash say about you? In the first week we are asked to list 5 things that you want to do differently, as though you had one month to live. I've been thinking about this and I have to say it's been hard to list just 5 things. Here's my list:
1. Pray better- not just the "Lord forgive me...help so and so with their problems... thank you for the day...etc. Really communicate with my heavenly Father.
2. Study God's word more- really dive in and see what God is telling me through his scripture. I also want to do a better job of memorizing scripture. Atleast one new verse a month.
3. Show love more-not just in my actions but through my words too.
4. Encourge others-sending notes, building others up, just letting others know that I'm praying for them.
5. Less technology- Cut down on the tv, cell phone, and internet times through out the day. Use that time to focus on the blessings God has showered me with and really appreciate all that I do have.
I'm excited to see what God is going to do through this series!

No comments:
Post a Comment