Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Bust

Well our snow, sleet, ice and freezing rain was a bust! And believe me was I upset! The rain moved in sooner than they expected and we didn't get anything but rain. Some parts of town did get some icing but at my house there was nada! Nothing! Zilch! Zero!

Our weathermen were concerned about this and had predicted to be a major storm for us. And with being in the South, you prepare because we're just not use to this. So of course we go out and buy batteries, bread and drinks to get us through the possibility of not having power because it was going to be a big ice storm.

I was so mad when I woke Monday morning and there wasn't anything happening outside my window! I began second guessing myself with the decision to close at work. Our policy is that when the school system shuts down, we do too. That decision was made Saturday night which surprised me because in the past they've always waited until the last minute to make a decision. That may tell you how big the storm was predicted to be.

But needless to say, I felt better once the day went on because the entire state pretty much shut down for this storm. I will say that I'll do a better job of making these types of decisions! But I did enjoy the day off!

Oh the joys of living in the South!

No comments: