Friday, January 14, 2011

Sponsoring a Child

This is something that has been on my heart for a while now. I've seen some of the ads on tv and I've read other bloggers that are doing this. The difficult part for me is choosing which program to use. I googled it and so many choices come up. WorldVision...Compassion...Childfund...UNICEF

I'll continue to research each one but wanted to ask if you sponsor a child, who do you use?

Thanks!

3 comments:

Chandler said...

We sponsor a little boy in Romania through World Vision. Romania won't allow their pictures to be shown on the web, so he was chosen entirely at random. I love him. :)

I don't have any experience with anyone else, so I can't say that World Vision is better or worse. I do like them though--I think they do good work.

I know lots of people have a ton of sponsored children, but I like having just one. I dote on him. :)

Christa said...

I did WorldVision too!

Amber said...

We have friends that annually go to Haiti on missions trips. They helped build an orphanage there and enjoy serving at the orphanage every year. They go through Mission Discovery and they support a little boy named Samuel. They get to meet with him each time they are there!! They are still in need of sponsorship for the many kids in the orphanage. Check out their website if your interested! It is an awesome christian organization!