Thursday, December 31, 2009

Reflections...Not Resolutions

Today as we celebrate the end of another year, I've been reflecting on what 2009 meant to me. Looking back on my last post of 2008, I was so hoping that God would bless us with a child in 2009. That didn't happen, yet God did open up another avenue for us with regards as to how we'll become a family. I'm so thankful he placed embryo adoption on my heart and then opened Chad's heart up to the same idea. I'm not sure what 2010 will hold for us but I'm confident that God is mapping it all out for us.

2009 held some milestones for my family.

*My mother turned 70 this year. To look at her you'd never know that she's that old. She's a remarkable lady who I look up to every day!
*My youngest niece turned 1. She is such a doll and I'm thankful that I get to spend as much time as I do with her!
*My second oldest niece graduated from high school! Finally!
*My dad had a complete knee replacement and can walk so much better now. It was a tough go there for a while but he made it through!
*I was totally suprised with my 40th birthday party in July! My wonderful sisters did it just so I could experience having a party in the summer. My offical birthday is in December.
*My entire family can boast of having one of the healthiest years in a long time!

That's just a glimpse into what 2009 brought to us.

I don't tend to make resolutions because I always break them but I have decided to make some goals for 2010. I want to eat healthier, exercise more and spend more time with God! Tomorrow brings a new year with new anticipation of what God has in store for me and my family!

Happy New Year!

No comments: