Yesterday at work we had our annual "Birthday party" for Jesus. We gather in the gym and I tell all the children the Christmas story. We sing a few songs and then we light the candles to sing Happy Birthday to Jesus. We usually have a big birthday cake but to save some money we made cupcakes for everyone. It was a good time!
To add to the party we always ask our older children (3's, 4's and 5's) to tell what kind of gift they would give to Baby Jesus. As I was posting them on the wall in the hallway, I was humbled by one of the children's gifts. It was simply put yet so true...
I would give Him Me! Because that is what He wants!
To see Christmas through the eyes of a child and hear such a profound statement come from a 5 year old is truly amazing!
May I experience Christmas this year by giving myself to Jesus Christ totally!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What an absolutely beautiful sentiment. Thanks for sharing this story.
~ICLW
Post a Comment